Saturday, November 26, 2011

Curriculum Resource: TED Talks for Teachers

One of the great things about Thanksgiving is, that with the pressure off of preparing for classes for a few days, we have some spare time to look into resources we've bookmarked for reviewing sometime "when I have time."  One of the big categories of such items for me are videos of TED talks that sound interesting, but not immediately relevant for this week's classes.  So I'll probably be posting some of those in the next few days.

However, I also happened upon this list:  a post entitled TED Talks Demystified for Teachers on a blog entitled The History Teacher's Attic.  In it, a high school history teacher in Pennsylvania has taken a list of TED talks from 2009 (prepared by some other unknown source) and categorized them by discipline.   He has over 100 talks in his list, ranging from American and World History to the Arts, Education, and the Sciences.   It has shown me a whole bunch of tantalizing titles that have been added to my "when I have time" file.  But it is also a good resource to check when you are developing a class in a particular discipline to see if there is some cutting-edge thinking you want to incorporate.

No comments:

Post a Comment