Monday, August 15, 2011

Curriculum Resource: Who Wants to Win (fake) $1,000,000--Science Edition

As we start to try to ease back into classes, it's fun to use games to review what we do (or do not) know.    The Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Lab (generally known as the Jefferson Lab) has an online resource you can use to brush up on your students' math and science skills.

In the game, Who Wants to Win $1,000,000, students play a game according to the rules of the TV show (or, at least, I presume so--I've never actually seen the show).  The questions cover not only nuclear physics (which is the specialty of the Jefferson Lab), but also math, biology, chemistry, and general scientific principles.  The questions vary in difficulty, but most are appropriate to a middle school level.

Or, if you don't want to use them with your students or children, you can have fun playing by yourself.  I'll have to admit, I haven't won the (fake) million dollars myself yet.  I've gotten up to $500,000, but that last question is a toughie....

No comments:

Post a Comment