Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Who is Nicolas Steno?

I know, it sounds like that movie, The Usual Suspects, where they ask "Who is Keyser Soze?"  But that is the question I asked when I saw the beautiful Google Doodle this morning.

There have been lots lately, but I thought this one was particularly eye-catching.  Plus, when I check out most of the Google Doodles, I know something about the subject.  But Nicolas Steno?   Never heard of him.

Of course, that led to me reading hyperlinks to information about the man and his work, which was all interesting and ended up diverting me for far too long.  But how great it is that Google throughs these little diversions at us.  I have my issues with Google as a company, but I love the whimsy that is illustrated in the Google Doodle program.

If you happen not to know about Nicolas Steno either, you can watcht the Google Doodle video below:

No comments:

Post a Comment