Saturday, February 12, 2011

Math Art

Today I listened to a very inspiring webinar through Maria Droujkova's Math 2.0 series.  The speaker was John Sharp, who has published a number of books about his work in studying math through art, particularly 3-D models and sculptures.  Once again, I can't begin to do justice to his work.  However, if you are interested, the webinar was recorded in full; you can view/listen to it in full at:
Full recording: voice, text chat, 90+ beautiful slides of math art, web tour

I was so inspired, both by the webinar and an exhibit at our local library that we visited after the class this afternoon, that my son and I sat down and did math-inspired art for a couple of hours this evening.  I'm not going to talk about it now, since we just have works in progress at this point, but stay tuned for future updates about our math-based art.

In the meantime, check out the webinar above or John Sharp's books, such as Surfaces:  Explorations with Sliceforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment