Sunday, October 16, 2011

Curriculum Resource: NaNoWriMo 2011

Note: the following post was written my a guest, who TRIED to copy Carol's style writing as her. Can you guess who it was? Put your guess in the comments below.

Tonight I thought I'd blog about writing. I have done some writing, and my son has a knack for writing 5-paragraph essays. I've read novels... Upon novels... Upon novels... Upon novels... Upon novels. This time, I'm blogging about NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month! It's a great exercise where the participants write (or at least try to) A 50,000 word novel in one month! It's open to children, who have a looser word limit depending on their age. My son and I have signed up for it, and took some lectures this month about good characters, plots, settings, etc. And will be surely trying to write a novel once November comes! (That kid seems to think that he'll write a novel above 50,000 words in a month. We'll soon see about that... ) I can highly recommend it for those seeking to stimulate their creativity and run out of ink and pencils.



Anyhow, my son asked me to put something in honor of NaToWriMo. He said to put a giveaway, then he said to put a recipe, then put some links. I've decided to put my novel on the blog, with one chapter a blog post, over the course of November, until the whole book is on there, instead of putting the whole 50,000 word novel on it at once in a post on the first day of December, crashing Blogger and upsetting the 800-character limit. In the meantime, there's nothing to do as I wait for it put to read novels for inspiration, bake cookies, crochet socks, and work on my kid's Halloween costume... 

1 comment: