Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Joy of ER

I'm sorry I haven't been posting for the past few days.  I've spent much of the last three days going to various doctors for treatment for a kidney infection that wasn't responding as expected to the usual antibiotics.  The highlight of all this medical routine was yesterday, where I spent nearly 12 hours at our local hospital's Emergency Room, mostly lying on a gurney in the halls of the ER because the place was so busy that all the rooms were occupied, along with most of the wall space in the area.

The good news is that after multiple tests that determined it was only a kidney infection and not something worse, and additional IV medicines, I'm home and feeling much better now.  And once you get those pain killers in you, watching the action in a modern ER can be quite fascinating.  I got to observe all sorts of mini-dramas occurring all around me, since there are no secrets when you are being treated in a hallway.

So, as in all things, you can either choose to look at these experiences for the good or for the bad.  And since laughter is the best medicine, I thought I would share this wonderful video that my dear friend Michele told me about to lighten my day.  It is comedian Brian Regan telling his tale of going to the ER:



Enjoy!

PS--Just a 7 worked for me....

1 comment: