Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Curriculum Resource: Interactive Pearl Harbor

Since tomorrow is the 70 year anniversary of "the day that will live in infamy," I figured many of us may be doing at least mini-lessons on the Attack at Pearl Harbor.   I know we will.

I found this interactive resource online that I thought I would share.  It is an hour-by-hour timeline of the events of that day, interposed on maps of the area.  It gives a brief summary of the action, but you can click on each event to read more about it and see photographs related to that topic.  Or you can click on small images of some of the eye witnesses or people involved (both Japanese and American) and read their descriptions of the event.  It was developed by National Geographic, so it is a high quality production.

It is not overly dramatic, but it is still pretty emotionally effecting...at least was for me.

Check out Remembering Pearl Harbor:  Multimedia Map and Timeline on the National Geographic website.

No comments:

Post a Comment